Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a few days ago I officially became a member of the California Writers Club I have been attending to for a few months now in my hometown. As a writer, it has been a positive experience for me. It has given me a chance to meet other local writers and to gain knowledge on how to publish my work and how to get myself noticed in the outside world.


I have also recently bought a program that has helped me with my writing. It is a program called Dragon Dictate 2.0. It is a voice recognition software that types my words as I speak them into a headset. It has been very, very helpful in my work. With me, I tend to think a lot faster than typing on the keyboard, so my hands were not always able to keep up with what I wanted to put down. With this device I am able to speak my thoughts out loud and my computer hears and types it out for me with great accuracy. The program is a little pricey online and at local stores, but in the end it is well worth the money. I would recommend it to anyone who has the same kind of issues I was once having or who suffers from a disability. Make sure you do extensive research first to see if it is the right product for you.


As of right now, I would say that I am growing as a writer and do not intend to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment